Tuesday, February 16, 2010

word up

Ready for a picture overload? You bet you are.

It really has been a little while since I posted last. Papa brought home a big bunch of balloons last week! Aren't they fabulous? They just put you in the mood for a... party!


We were in such a party mood that we drove all the way to Seattle over the weekend to visit our good friend, Louisa, who was throwing a big party because she was turning one. Like our previous experience, we found this one-year-old birthday party to be a very good time. Lots of good food, cake, drink for those who can drink, balloons, and of course, family.
There's the birthday girl with her Mama and Daddy in this picture.
And here are the two cousins playing with each other - or, kind of parallel playing. Well, Louisa is obviously at a more interactive stage than Isaac, but they chased each other a little bit. I'm sure the next time they see each other they will be more interactive. I actually have several other videos, so I'll try to post some when I have a chance.
Here are three generations of handsome men.
And here is Isaac with one of his new friends! They hugged each other at the end when she had to leave.

Isaac was not, however, done making friends before leaving Seattle. We think he said his first word - "uh-ga" meaning "a cat" and later expanded to mean "a four-legged animal with fur". I got a video so you can try to make the call. I had been holding off on the "first word" declaration because there was just an isolated report from daycare, but it seems like since this weekend, he is getting so that there is a more definite correspondance between the sound and object. For example, he now says "mamama" or "mamamba" when he crawls over to me and hugs my leg, asking to be picked up. So there you go, Isaac. Your first word. A cat.


He also smiled a lot at Michele.





Then told everyone "peace out" while we visited the locks and fish ladders. Those were really interesting. I don't think I've seen those before. Although, now that I've said that, someone will probably remind me that I, in fact, have.


A boat getting ready to be lifted up in the lock.

The "proud father"

Pretty!

At the Golden Gardens, a beach. Isn't Seattle area pretty?

We took a break from walking and sat on a rocky beach.
Finally, before leaving, we stopped by to say hello to one more couple of friends!

That was a great trip to Seattle! It was so nice to see everyone, and to finally get out of Eugene for awhile. We might go on another trip next weekend, but not so far away. We will see.

1 comment: