Saturday, June 12, 2010

Wisconsin trip

Here are photos from our recent trip to Milwaukee and Madison Wisconsin! You might be asking, okay, where are the pictures from Isaac's birthday party? Come on, Mama, it's been 3 weeks! Well, if you wanted to see those pictures, you are in luck because I have one week of summer coming up this next week before classes, and then clinic start up again, and I intend to get caught up on Isaac's blog if I do nothing else.

Isaac was very good on the plane. He slept on 4/5 flights, a result that pleases us greatly.

We stayed with Papa's good friend Jonas, and got to meet his nice wife Gertrude and cute little daughter Wendy. We ate some delicious food!
Wendy was so sweet to Isaac and they got along really well.
Well, unless Isaac started screaming.
I had a conference I was going to in Madison, so I drove there everyday while the boys stayed in Milwaukee. They went to the beach at Lake Michigan one of the days.


Isaac also hit it off really well with Uncle Jonas. Evidently one day he was intent on following Jonas around everywhere, completely ignoring Papa.


Isaac got some sand on his face and got a little upset. Evidently he was not a huge fan of the waves either.
He warmed up to the beach though.

Isaac, don't point. It's rude.



I eventually caught up with everyone that evening. The guy on the left is Jonas's friend Albert, who is also from Burkina.
More group photos with Jonas.




Tooooo cute :)
We also met up with Henri's friend Pam in Madison one day. The men and kids braved a 1.5 hour drive and Pam braved a 2 hour drive, but we made it happen. If you are wondering why Mama's hair looks worse than usual, it's because the floodgates opened that particular afternoon. If you are a native Oregonian, I think it can be compared to the kind of rain that soaks through all of your clothes in less than a minute.
Pam got this egg thing that came out in just about the hugest crepe I have ever seen.
And here are some pictures from our trip back. We were supposed to get back to Eugene about 2 pm. Instead, due to a bunch of crazy flight delays and rerouting (instead of Milwaukee to Denver to Eugene, we went Milwaukee->Chicago->San Francisco-> Eugene), we returned at 11 am the next day. Good thing Papa took Monday off.

Isaac enjoyed the airports though. He ran around and thoroughly explored every part of them.
And now, we are very glad to finally be home! But hopefully we can travel again sometime soon. I'm pushing for Burkina Faso.

1 comment: