Sunday, May 8, 2011

ah-lu-ee-a!

That's what Isaac said when we got home from Mass today. Alluia!

It has been a good week. Today Isaac was very good at Mass.
In fact, the only person that got on my nerves was the lady behind me who seemed to think that commenting on things unrelated to church with her daughter/granddaughter/niece(?) in a normal voice level was a good idea. I don't know, for me asking a small child, "Oh, what's that?" in a loud voice, then telling her "shh" when she answers doesn't make any sense at all. Think about it, people. I know I need to be more accepting. But kids being loud you can understand. Adults need to be good models. Or at least comment on something related to the Mass, like "This is when Communion turns into Jesus's body." Argh.

Anyways, yesterday we also had a good day. Although it was cloudy, we did get outside a little with Papa, and that was great.

Earlier this week, we went to Uncle Mikey's confirmation. Unfortunately the lighting is not the best in St. Mary's... But congratulations nonetheless to Michael Steven Thomas! :)
 Isaac found the holy water font he was baptised in. At first he thought it was a "swimming pool" so we had to keep a close eye on him, but then he just put his hands in. We figured it was a good distraction (this was after the Mass, by the way) while everyone tried to get pictures with Archbishop Vlazny.
 Uncle Mikey soon cracked down on Isaac's renegade behavior, however.
And, a few more exciting things happened! I finished my final paper and turned in the hard copy. Now I just have my presentation left, on the 19th.

And...thanks to your prayers...I got offered the job I wanted!

So it has been a most wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Gina! That is wonderful, indeed! So when do you start the job and where is it? Are you guys going to be moving now?

    Lou says - Christ is risen! now days, it's pretty cute. Isaac is getting to be such a big boy! It's amazing how time flies, isn't it? Feels like we just came down there for Isaac's baptism and now he's almost two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I've missed so much in the last few weeks! Congratulations Gina on the job and nearly finishing grad school! Isaac is still as adorable as ever. I can't wait to see you two again, hopefully in August! Say hello to Henri for me as well. :)

    ReplyDelete