Sunday, January 6, 2013

London's rainbow party

"Look! I drew a little silly guy," said Isaac.
 Isaac got a chance to go play with London for a few days. Unfortunately, he got a little sick... just a fever as far as we can tell.
 Isaac's cousin and godsister (is there such a thing?) had her 2nd birthday party today (well, yesterday). It was rainbow themed and there were lots of preparations done by her mama, Auntie Anna. Also, many little kids were invited and came, which made it extra fun!
 Isaac told me later today that he would like a rainbow party. I told him we could do that but that I would check in with him closer to his birthday to make sure that was still what he wanted.

The birthday girl!

 The cake!!! Mama had a second piece because it was so fun to eat.
 London cheesin' it up for the camera. Notice the rainbow of juice bottles in the background. Auntie Anna really went all out! Almost like that one lady Auntie Kayleen told me about who did a Sound of Music themed party. Except not sooooo into it as to border on overkill. If we still have to have a rainbow party, we will most likely do the balloons (because who doesn't like balloons?), the cake (because it is fun-licious!), and perhaps the vegetable platter (yes, red onions for purple!). Or maybe we can get away with "random" as we have so successfully done in the past.
 The opportunity to wear rainbow was given, and I found a little hat Shelly Winiger made for Isaac as a baby. It fit Sonia perfectly! This is how she was during the whole party, though. 
 Isaac was the oldest child at the party, so he gave London advice where needed!
Isaac has talked a lot about having a baby brother, now that we have a baby sister. I guess we are not moving fast enough because today the demands increased. "When we have another baby sister, baby Sonia can play with her. Then when we have a baby brother I can play with him! And I will call him Jack, because that's a handsome name for a baby brother." :)

2 comments:

  1. Aww so cute! Happy Birthday sweet London! I remember going to your mama's baby shower for you! That seems like it was just yesterday....

    Isaac, you made me laugh out loud :) Jack IS a handsome name, and I hope your mama and daddy have lots more adorable little siblings for you and Sonia to play with! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the quotes from Isaac! That is so good you are writing them down because time goes by and these quotes are replaced by others that are just as precious!

    ReplyDelete