Friday, July 11, 2014

Silver Falls hike

Wednesday we went on a hike at Silver Falls. It was a nice day for a hike, not as hot as the days before! Or, maybe it just seemed cooler. There was a nice breeze and lots of shade there. I brought Sonia in the umbrella stroller, but now I realize that next time I go, if I am going to bring a stroller, I should bring the jogging stroller. However, the best of all would be to use one of those hiking backpack carriers so Sonia could just ride. I think we could have gone quite a bit farther. Isaac had energy and Sonia had patience.
 I brought some minimal snacks along. I guess it was good in that it prepared me for bringing more snacks the following day (Thursday we went to the Marion County Fair).
 Here's little Sonia just stomping along. She likes to do a big step walk/stomp sometimes.
 Sonia was pretty scared of the waterfall and wanted to stay in her stroller at all times when we were near it. But, by the way back, she was starting to say "water fall" (as two words).
 I like Silver Falls because (at least at the South Falls) you get to walk behind the waterfall! It is really a cool experience! We got to see it from every angle.
We hiked all the way down to where we could see the Lower South Falls, but then there were a bunch of stairs, so we turned back.
 We got a kick out of this sign.
Sonia was not wanting to be put down, but finally she did and was interested in playing in this old, dead, hollow stump. It was cute, and fun that they left it there. Next time we go to Silver Falls, we'll bring our hiking backpack and go discover a new waterfall!

No comments:

Post a Comment