Evence, for about a month this summer, was calling his siblings: Isaac-c-c-c, and Swa. Actually I think Swa might have lasted a little longer. It was interesting though because he didn't really say Sonia's name at all prior to that (right around the time he turned two). Then there was a transition period between Swa and Sonia where he would call her Sonia all the time except when he was mad, then it was "No Swa!" And yesterday he said "Wait for me Sonia!" So now he only says Sonia and Isaac, correctly.
Sonia is balancing on a tricycle in different ways right now. She was doing a lot of stunts yesterday too. Maybe it's time for gymnastics again.
Isaac is continually modifying a Lego scene/structure he has made and gives me daily updates of the little improvements he has made.
Evence is kind of potty trained, when he feels like it. I almost want to give up and put him in diapers all the time until Christmas Break, but I think he does way better when he's at home with Tantie Lydie and it's just the two of them. So. Hm. Anyone else have trouble with a child potty training and have tips? For Isaac I know we had to try three times and the third time worked. For Sonia we must have only tried once and it must have been easy because I don't remember it.
I ordered my Christmas cards yesterday! Not exactly day after Thanksgiving like I was hoping to do, but early enough that I will receive them before Christmas and maybe even be able to get them all to people within the Christmas octave. Hooray!
I'm intentionally going slow with Christmas decoration this year - trying to stay in Advent as long as possible. At the same time I am wondering if we shouldn't put something up in the next week. Isaac mentioned the Nativity scene. I want to put it up but Evence tends to chuck things around when he's mad so I'm not sure how to do that without ruining the whole thing. I have an idea or two though.
No comments:
Post a Comment