Here he is all ready to try some applesauce. He is a big fan of fruits. Maybe this is bad... but so far he really likes apples, pears, and today he tried some quince sauce that I made with a quince that we got on a whim. Quince is rare enough though nowadays; organic quince is prohibitively expensive and quite honestly, I don't think quince is all that special. I thought of growing a quince tree but now I'm going to rethink my hypothetical, someday orchard (which will also include a pond for water chestnuts - I digress).
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Great dinner
Aunt Christy and Uncle George (who are really Isaac's great-great aunt and uncle) invited us to dinner tonight. We had some amazing food courtesy of them, including some very very delicious turkey, and Isaac had some delicious food courtesy of my cousin (really my first cousin once removed, although only she could figure out exactly how that works if you want it explained...).
Here he is all ready to try some applesauce. He is a big fan of fruits. Maybe this is bad... but so far he really likes apples, pears, and today he tried some quince sauce that I made with a quince that we got on a whim. Quince is rare enough though nowadays; organic quince is prohibitively expensive and quite honestly, I don't think quince is all that special. I thought of growing a quince tree but now I'm going to rethink my hypothetical, someday orchard (which will also include a pond for water chestnuts - I digress).
Of course, what Isaac really wanted was the apple juice.
It really was apple juice, even though you saw a champagne flute. I am a little paranoid about alcohol consumption. Ever since that lecture in Developmental Disorders about fetal alcohol syndrome(FAS) last spring, actually...
Probably it's unecessary to be so paranoid, but paranoia is kind of intrinsically motivating sometimes. And I don't really need to drink alcohol anyways. I got along fine without it for.. well, 16 years? They do drink wine in Italy, if you were wondering. By they I mean anyone. And they don't seem to have a lot of FAS. Well, maybe it is too much paranoia then. Oh well. I had to drive home.
Isaac watched the baby einstein movie there. It was interesting, but I'm not sure I fully embrace the idea of it. It's a little too trippy for me and changes quickly from one object to another. I think it's good to be able to spend a lot of time looking at something you're interested in, rather than quickly being shown something else. Oh well, always good to see new things. If you haven't noticed (you may not have), I'm a little old-fashioned in this respect and often anti-tv. It has to do with my tv-less upbringing, I think. I did read some research that said an hour a day of tv has no ill effects on kids though, so don't worry if your kids watch some.
Here he is all ready to try some applesauce. He is a big fan of fruits. Maybe this is bad... but so far he really likes apples, pears, and today he tried some quince sauce that I made with a quince that we got on a whim. Quince is rare enough though nowadays; organic quince is prohibitively expensive and quite honestly, I don't think quince is all that special. I thought of growing a quince tree but now I'm going to rethink my hypothetical, someday orchard (which will also include a pond for water chestnuts - I digress).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment