Saturday, March 13, 2010

1,23,eyes

Here, my friends, is the week in review. The Compaoré family went to Portland last Saturday. First, we stopped by a store we like, Caribbean Spice. They sell African foods as well as Caribbean foods (the owners are from Jamaica). We saw our friends Ben and Katie there, which is funny because they live in Eugene too!
Then, we went to the zoo. We saw the daddy elephant.
We saw the mommy elephant and the baby elephant too.


We even saw the lions, which weren't at the Portland Zoo before.

We went in a smelly place with tropical birds.


We also visited Auntie Nallely briefly before heading back to Eugene. Actually, we had a quick stop to visit Auntie Anna as well, and she had a delicious birthday present for Mama. Next time, we will have to visit more aunties and Uncle Greg.
The next day, Sunday, Mama turned 23. Nana and Bumpa and Great Grandma and Grandpa and Great-great Aunt Christy and Uncle George came to Mass in Eugene and then we all went to McGrath's for lunch. Mama wanted to go to La Perla which is supposedly serves la vera pizza napoletana (I didn't realize some people don't like in-line links but I love 'em so there you go!), but they were closed. McGrath's is always good though. We were a little concerned because we had heard they had gone bankrupt, but they were still serving food, and it was still delicious. I have to admit I am unsure about the true meaning of bankruptcy.

Isaac tried some crackers. He still seems a little unsure of many solid foods.


Finally, he had some real lunch and took a much-needed nap.
We went on a quick shopping excursion, and Mama found a few new clothes. Isaac discovered the ride on toys, but we didn't bother spending money to make them move when they were so fascinating at a standstill.


But then, tragedy struck. Isaac got pinkeye. We went to urgent care Sunday night. They said it was viral so he didn't need eyedrops, but gave us a prescription in case it didn't go away soon. In fact, maybe it is bacterial... because it still is not entirely gone.
So Isaac stayed home Monday....and Tuesday and Wednesday, with the help of our neighbor downstairs, Bumpa, and Great-grandma and Great-grandpa. On Monday we brought him to the doctor again because of a 103.1 degree fever, and they diagnosed him with early bronchitis and gave him antibiotics and an inhaler. However, he vomited up the antibiotics and any tylenol we tried to give him. Wednesday, we brought him back to the doctor because of the inability to keep the antibiotics down. Isaac's regular pediatrician saw him and decided it was instead viral and bronchiolitis. In the afternoon, he seemed really happy and playful. Thursday, Mama thought he was probably feeling okay so he could go back to daycare. But, that did not pan out. He was sent home around 12:30 with a fever. So, Bumpa came back to the rescue on Friday. Mama did not have a very good week scholastically. Hopefully the second week of 23 will be better. But let us not dwell on this; instead, I leave you with a few pictures of cute boys.
Here is a sweet little boy.
And I couldn't resist adding this because of the handsome man on the left.

Finally, no one can resist that fierce little face in this last picture. This is Isaac's new smile - I find it so funny and I don't know where he picked it up, but I think it is kind of going towards my smile, where my eyes get smaller...

We hope all our friends out there are in good health, and we really hope Isaac starts feeling better soon! He has been sick enough in this past month!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Poor little Isaac. I hope he is all better now. I'm sure you'll catch up and do great in school despite your hectic week. The zoo has lions now??? That's pretty cool. :)

    ReplyDelete