Wednesday, March 24, 2010

the pajamas-on amazon (10 months) - post #100!

On Monday, Isaac turned 10 months old. I was trying to get some video of him standing up in the middle of the floor, as that is his newest feat. He is walking all over the place now, which luckily has coincided with an increase in sunlight and warmth over here. Yesterday we played in the grass and sand quite a bit, while I tried to stick some onions in the ground. I bought some seeds yesterday at the nearby garden store, then realized I didn't have enough space for all the plants... So I will return the zucchini, and the peppers, I think. At least the zucchini. Those plants will be too big. It's a shame though, because I love zucchini. Oh well, someone else will probably end up giving us some huge zucchini sometime this summer and we will eat our fill of it and then some.
But, what I am going to grow, assuming nothing dies - is: mint (two varieties, I believe!), strawberries, garlic, a wildflower mix someone gave me, onions, potatoes, basil, and okra. Maybe tomatoes too. I'm going to check with our neighbor that is kind of sharing the plot I claimed last time to see what they are growing so we don't double up too much. Tomatoes can be canned though... Hm.. Well, I really don't have too much space, but I think it will be fun to see how everything turns out! I've never seen an okra plant before, so this should be fun.





Isaac has turned a new page in food testing ever since Sunday. He seems to want to try a variety of foods now, from saltines to tortilla chips to tapioca pudding (minus the tapioca pearls). The gagging seems to be decreasing. The other thing Isaac has been trying to eat is dirt. This is a big challenge to keep the dirt out of his mouth and nose. Finally, he also has been experimenting with drinking straight from the tap.


Here is Isaac on Monday, when he turned 10 months! I don't know how he got in this basket but he settled down with some good reads: my herb garden book and "Managing for Dummies". Isaac has recently demonstrated his ability to climb on many things - stairs at the playground and a box we had put in front of this little glass table we have to keep him from hurting himself with it. But, now that he can climb on the box, we figured the table would be the next step - so the box has been removed.

I have this cute photo frame my cousin gave to me where you put a picture from every month of the first year, and I'm hoping to get caught up on that before the break is over. I think the picture below is a good candidate for 10 months, given the size of each picture. Also, Isaac now has two fake cell phones. Hopefully this will distract him from the real thing. Hopefully.

Isaac is into just about everything now. It's good for him to be able to explore his interests, and it's a good exercise for me to ensure that most things are safe or out of reach!



And, here is our silliness from this morning.


A little Isaac in the pot! I think I will have to eat him for dinner, he is just so good. :)

Speaking of dinner - we have a lot of things left to do to get this house back in order before school starts back up next week! We'd better get to it.

Before we leave you for today though, we wanted to post a belated happy birthday to Great-Grandpa Wally, and an early happy birthday to Bumpa! We hope it stays sunny tomorrow like it was yesterday for you guys!

3 comments:

  1. Do you think Isaac is going to be left handed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of him in the pot are great! He's walking good now too! What a handsome devil. 10 months ... soon 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Isaac! That's right, he'll soon be 1! Can't believe it! :)

    ReplyDelete