Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's about time.

Really, I can't believe that I haven't posted at all in May. So sad, because Isaac has started doing a lot of things. I think he is starting to understand cause and effect now. He has been switching lights on and off, volitionally dropping things, and, heartbreakingly, crying when Papa leaves in the morning. It has been sunny lately too.
Here are just a few pictures from Isaac's last few weeks. He has several pairs of shoes now, mostly courtesy of Papa. The cute little Teva sandals you see above are courtesy of Nana and Boompa (whose name-spelling I have changed to more closely align with English orthography), and were brought back from their trip to Maui and Kauai.

Papa and Isaac found a little car by the big playground


Here Isaac is driving.


And here he is doing various things. At the beginning of the video he is doing his "yoga" move. Evidently the toddlers do yoga and since there is a window between the infant and toddler rooms, Isaac seems to have picked up on their moves. Not the perfect exemplar of it in this video, but I'm sure you all know how hard it is to get a video of something when you really want to!


According to Nana and Grandma, Isaac is now running. He does go pretty fast. We didn't really think about it much because we see him every day, but he is getting faster. Ten more days until our little sweetheart is 1 year old!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you found some time to update us on Isaac! I can't believe how much has grown... I really can't. Yes, I'm pretty sure I say that every time you post, but it is true.

    How is grad school??? When do you finish your semester?

    Happy (early) 1 year birthday to Isaac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so fun to look at your updates! Yes, Isaac really ran around the block, and down the gravel road. We could barely keep up with him, except when he took time to smell the dandelions, pick only the seeds, then smell them again.

    Thanks for coming down for Mothers day. I know you all are super busy and it was such a treat especially for me (and Pops) and grandma (and grandpa)to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete