Mama still had class while Isaac was sick, but Nana came over on Tuesday, and Great Grandpa and Great Grandma came over to watch him yesterday and today. We are so lucky to have such great family around. Isaac really became attached to Great Grandpa too. They had a lot of fun together and got tired out.
I would like to think I am going to post again soon, but let's be realistic - it will probably be another cluster post in another week - so before I forget, I'll finish with what this little neighbor girl that has recently become obsessed with Isaac said today. Yesterday, she was saying he was so cute but I think she wanted to maintain that her own baby brother was cute too. Today, she came up with a solution: "Isaac is so cute. He's the cutest brown baby I've ever seen!" Oh, okay, while I'm on neighbor kids, there is another one who is going to have a baby sister soon. I lied, I'm not going to finish my stories yet. But you can always stop reading, right?
Yesterday, he asked, "Can we babysit Isaac again soon? How about tonight?"
Mama: "I don't know, maybe. He's a little sick right now. He has a fever."
Neighbor kid: "Well we have a bunch of toys for my baby sister and we want to see what toys babies really like."
Mama: "Oh, I'm sure she will have her own preferences and like different toys as she gets older."
N.k: "Well we could find out what toys she will like when she is 13 months old."
Mama: "Hm."
N.k.: "We also need to see if her bed is comfortable enough for babies."
Mama: "I bet it's pretty good. You have a mattress and everything, right?"
N.k.: "Yeah but Isaac should test it out so we can be sure. So he can come over tonight and we can take care of him and you and Henri can have a date night, you know, take the night off!"
At this point I have to admit I laughed a little. He is such a sincere kid and he will be a great older brother. He's 9 years old - I didn't know 9 year olds told people they should take the night off.
N.k.: "Well I need to practice having a younger sibling. I don't know how to be an older sibling yet so I could practice with Isaac."
Mama: "Thanks, I'm sure he can come over sometime when he's not sick - right now I don't want him to get any germs on the baby's stuff because babies can get sick so easily."
N.k.: "Oh we'll wash everything again before the baby comes..."
You get the idea. But it was cute. Call me weird (or just an SLP in training, I guess), but it's always interesting to talk to kids and see what they are thinking.
Poor Issac! But he does look so cozy snuggled up with great grampa. I love your neighborhood kids stories. Mike and I laughed alot at that first one :) Issac is a cutie in general, no matter what the skin tone! Gosh we miss you guys, I hope we can plan a trip to come down before the summer's end! I hope Issac recovers quickly!
ReplyDeleteGreat stories!!!and of course pictures!
ReplyDelete