Sunday, July 3, 2011

strawberries

Sorry, I don't have any pictures...

But before we go off for the 4th of July weekend, I wanted to just write quickly.

We went strawberry picking with our cousins Erin, Lucia, Malachai and Peter on Friday. It was fun! Isaac had more fun eating the berries than picking them, but we got our bucket eventually. Letting him eat the berries was the main reason we went, because our strawberry patch has stopped producing. Anyway, Isaac had fun with his cousins running around and exploring all the other things they had on the farm, like a playground, goats, and a "panning for rare gems" water thing they had. He was really tired afterwards and fell asleep on the way home. Mama got a sunburn (oops). I wish I could have taken pictures, but the memory card on the camera was full, so I didn't bring it. Next time, I will though.

Then, I made jam with a lot of the strawberries, and was happy that all the jars sealed (even one that I couldn't fill all the way). Man, canning supplies can be expensive! Luckily, I went door to door trying to find something that would work for canning pint jars, and it turned out one of my neighbors actually had a canner. It worked really well.

That's about it, I guess! I'm glad we got to the strawberries before the end of the season and was even more glad that we got to go with our cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment