Sunday, October 30, 2011

pumpkin patch take 2

I was internally debating whether or not I should put this picture up since it does have someone else's child in it. I ended up putting it up because as far as I am aware, strangers cannot search for Isaac's blog (although I've had a couple hits from Latvia and Russia lately. Huh?). So we will not name the child. It (ooh look, I'm even being gender neutral :)) is one of Isaac's friends from daycare. The point is that it is probably not possible to get a picture with all the toddlers in it smiling at the same time. 

There were a lot more pictures like these two - only one kid smiling each time. 

Isaac's daycare class went to the pumpkin patch this last Thursday. One of my sites was not open, so I moved my schedule around so that I could go with them. I was so glad I got to go! It is always fun to get out and do things. The whole 8-5 (or 8 to 5:30 it seems to be lately) thing is starting to get pretty draining. (I think  I actually should be leaving work earlier if I'm going to only work 40 hours per week. The thing is, it doesn't matter because it's a salaried position, so I get paid the same whether I work 40 hours or 50 hours.) Anyway, it was a lovely morning with us and the pumpkins, and Isaac chose a beautiful pumpkin to take home. I think it was the most beautiful pumpkin of all. In fact, I will take a picture of all the winter squash that we currently have in our house. I have been a little squash-obsessed this year and trying new squash has been really fun. Now I want to go back to this farm (Lone Pine) and get a Jumbo Pink Banana squash and a Sweet Meat squash before they close for the season after Wednesday...
A final, unrelated thought: Last week at the park, someone said Isaac has Byzantine eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment