Isaac was sick last week. Then, when he was better, it was like all this development - BAM - was there. Like it was just waiting to happen but couldn't because he was sick. The first really noticeable thing has been that he started asking "Why?". Oh man. I don't know how I feel about that. He can answer why questions too. I said, "Isaac, why would you want a cookie if you don't want to eat it?" He thought a while then said, "I just wanna look at it."
The second noticeable thing has been that he is really into his number and letter puzzles. Not that he's learning their names (all the numbers besides 0 are "9") but he has finally figured out how to orient the shape so it matches up with the cutout shape.
The third noticeable thing has been his increased interest in French. On the way home today, he said, "Mama, what is our house called?" I was unsure how to answer, but then he answered for himself, "It's la maison." I'm starting to think more and more that the French immersion preschool would be really a good fit for him next year. I think he will also pick up a lot of it in Burkina when we go. He is just really interested in it lately.
My handsome boy and man last Sunday. Our neighbor took these pictures with her nice camera.

He's a sharp one!! The apple doesn't fall far from the tree/s
ReplyDelete