Little Isaac. We love him. He makes us laugh.
He is gentle with his pet bird Mila.
He likes to paint. Here are the results of a recent painting session.
"This one is for Grandma"
Sorry Grandma, I didn't mean to ruin the surprise, but it will be even better in person!
I have just been in awe over the past few months over Isaac's fine motor development. The intentionality behind the marks he makes on paper has become more and more apparent. I know I have already mentioned this with how he colored the Jesse tree pictures, but look at this painting too. Definite grouping of colors in specific areas on the page. Probably not much big-picture planning or forethought, but still some definite in-the-moment decisions to put color (or marks) in a specific place and an ever increasing ability to make his hands follow through. I feel like at this stage in his life, the fine motor development has been the most apparent. When he was 9 months, it was the gross motor development. Around 18 months it was the language. Around 24-27 months it was the social aspect, and now, at 30-34 months it has been fine motor development that predominates. Obviously he is always making growth in all those areas. It's just been certain aspects which are much more salient in their development at certain stages, at least with Isaac, at least to me.
I think Isaac is also getting less picky. This is probably due to Mama finally cracking down. Today he said he didn't want meat at dinner, he just wanted macaroni (and cheese). I said he could try a teeny bite of meat first then he could have some macaroni. Well, he ended up just eating the meat! He tried it and liked it, and didn't get all defensive about having to try it. He has been more willing to at least take a taste of things that I know he does like, even when he originally says he doesn't want that food. This is so good because that way we aren't narrowing our food options down too much.
Well, it's time for Mama to go to bed. Isaac is probably already asleep! Good night sweet Isaac, our precious gift.
He is SO precious! and an artist! I can't wait to see you guys again!
ReplyDelete