Saturday, March 31, 2012

jardin

We worked in our community garden plot today. Thank you Papa and Isaac for all your hard work and help! (Especially Papa)

Isaac actually was a good helper too. He helped put a lot of grass and weeds in the wheelbarrow, and he helped dig with various tools and his little spades.


Look how much we got done!  Papa did everything on the left - and see that little cleared patch on the right? That part was Mama and Isaac. We really appreciate Papa's strength and help in getting gardents started.

There is a little strawberry patch already from the previous owners, and a raspberry area too. We planted some peas and I transplanted my garlic and onions. Apparently alliums get "rust" in this community garden though - so that's a bummer. The guy who told me this said they are still edible but just smaller... Hm...The previous owners also left two nice lawn chairs - I guess so we can lounge around and look at our nice garden.

Anyway, I am glad we got to enjoy the unexpectedly beautiful day together outside getting our garden ready for some good food! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!That looks like a fantastic garden plot!! I bet you will have plenty of food produced this summer!!

    ReplyDelete