Sunday, November 18, 2012

clever boy

"Look at my hat!" 

Oh great, it's an "emesis bag" hat. Classy. I guess we are lucky that I have it and didn't need to use it back on Tuesday. I definitely felt like I was going to need to. 

Isaac loves to try to play with Sonia. He sings her songs, he tells her to watch him do things, and he shares his toys with her. This is funny to me because she is pretty much always asleep, so it involves putting the toys in the bassinet with her. 

"I took Baby Sonia in!"
"Huh?"
"I took her with the blanket"
"Oh, you tucked her in."
Isaac is always trying to irregularize past tense verbs nowadays.
 This is from the day before baby Sonia came. Mama made quince syrup (it was supposed to be jelly but when I realized that it was not going to gel, I decided syrup was okay) and huckleberry jelly (essential for Isaac - his favorite kind). 
 He is making a little place to put the jars in. 

 Right after I made the jelly and syrup, I noticed that the fruit on this dessert plate (hand-painted by my great-grandmother - Avo - which we pronounced "va") was actually a quince, not a pear. Apparently she would make quince jelly quite often because her mother had a tree. Grandpa (Wally) really liked it. It does have a very nice flavor. If you do find quince though, please don't eat it raw. Papa tried to do that....that is not how they are meant to be eaten. 

This last video shows Isaac and Papa. Papa is good at teaching Isaac concepts that go along with big words (as well as other concepts). Recently, it has been "protein" or "carbohydrates" - identifying which food gives you which one. We also have talked about "vitamins and minerals" (from veggies and fruits). Today they were talking about "liquid" and "solid". Very nice.



1 comment:

  1. I thought you had only one emesis bag for the way home and you needed to use it...LOL just joking little Isaac!!

    ReplyDelete