Saturday, December 22, 2012

sick days

On Tuesday afternoon, when Isaac woke up from his nap at school, his voice didn't sound so good. But, I figured it was just post-nasal drip because it got better soon afterwards. So, he went to school on Wednesday. But Wednesday evening, he had a fever and was getting worse, so I kept him home from school on Thursday and Friday. The only bummer is that he missed his little concert. I thought of going, but his voice and breathing were so congested that there is no way he would have been able to sing. Anyway, he has sung all the songs to me over the past few days, so I have a good idea. It might have been cute to see all the kids singing together, but that is okay. There is always next year! Maybe they can have a spring concert.
 This morning, he is starting to feel better. His temperature is back to normal and he hasn't had ibuprofen for over a day. 
 I am glad. I didn't want my little Isaac to be sick for Christmas! 
 So far, it doesn't look like Sonia has caught this cold, although she was pretty sleepy yesterday. Her voice sounds fine and no fever yet. 
Isaac has still been going to preschool while I am home on maternity leave, but he only stays until after nap now. At first I thought that would be a bad idea, that he should just stay home the whole time, but I think the routine has been good, not only for him, but for Sonia too. She is getting used to a bit of a schedule, and it is nice! Now we have two weeks off for Christmas and New Year's, so I will get a bit of time with both of them. Judging by the last two days, I think it will go well! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Isaac was well for Christmas!! I love that boy!!

    ReplyDelete