Saturday, February 2, 2013

miscellany

The trio. I had a quasi-mother-of-three experience bringing them all over to Grandma and Grandpa's from Nana and Boompa's. A guy passing by said, "Three, you've got your hands full!" Which was actually literally true because someone detached the handlebar from the bike trailer/double stroller at Nana's and stored it in the pole building. So, I was bent over, pushing the thing by the frame, feeling like some medieval cart pusher and seeing the advantages of only being 4'10" (which, unfortunately I am not). Meanwhile, Sonia was in the Baby Bjorn carrier on the front of me, swinging around a little since I don't think the manufacturers intended people to bend over for extended periods of time while using it. So yeah, I got one little taste of how my cousins who have 3 or more kids get comments, plus I felt totally ridiculous. 
(The guy couldn't really see well inside the stroller or maybe that exchange would have been more awkward, since the second child is clearly from a different father, while the first and third look similar..)
 They are all so cute and squeezable.

Grandpa got us an amaryllis kit, and the bulb was already well on its way to sprouting by the time we opened the box. I think they were intended to be sold for Christmas, that is why they were marked down. The fact that it was so far along was perfect for preschoolers who are not big on waiting forever. And thank you Grandma for the jam! Isaac really likes it, as always.
 Portrait of the photographer
 Kind of like this iconic picture
 Oh, and we made cheese. Twice now. First fromage blanc, the cottage cheese. They turned out okay, but they are a little bland, and I think I can improve on the cottage cheese. Also I need a kitchen thermometer with the correct range.

 Isaac playing with London's bouncy toy!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, amazing that you know about the cup covering the face and the parallel to that reference.....:)
    Well, it is fun to try out making cheese....you never know what you might come out with!

    ReplyDelete