"Mama, I love Sonia so much!"
Sonia and Isaac had fun splashing in the bath together yesterday. I put Sonia's bathtub in the big bathtub because I have been getting tired of mopping up all the water from the bathroom floor! They were smiling and laughing at each other.
Isaac was saying a few days ago, "Grandpa Wally is my best friend."
"Oh," we asked him," Really, why is that?"
"Because every time he sees me, he does 'poke!!'"
He also asked if Grandpa Wally's nose hairs were really really long. I said, not particularly. He has been thinking a lot about Grandpa Wally.
He has also been concerned about people turning 50. He thinks this means they are getting really old and they are going to die. Ever since we told him that Nana was going to be turning 50 this year (oops, maybe I shouldn't say this on the blog?), he has been really concerned. "Will she die? Will she be very sick?" No, Isaac, we have said. Fifty is not that old. Boompa is already older than 50. Is he old and sick? "No," says Isaac. What about Grandma? She is older than 50. And so is Grandpa Wally and Grandpere and Yaaba. "Oh," says Isaac. But he still is concerned about the impending doom of turning 50 for Nana.
I don't think he has a concept of quantities above 10-12, so 50 is just "a lot" for him.
It's funny, Jamie especially loves Wally too. Actually, all the boys talk about wishing that could see Aunt Jan and Uncle Wally from time to time. I think they both have a way of talking to kids like they're people (as opposed to a kind of talking down to children).
ReplyDeleteAnd there is no possible way that your mom is turning 50. Seriously.
Isaac, old Nana has one foot in the grave. ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the bath duo!! What a perfect win win win situation! Isaac takes a bath and has fun with sissy....Sonia takes a bath and can splash all she wants and then some.....Mama only has to drain the tub.
ReplyDelete