Saturday, March 9, 2013

hockey fight

This crazy squirrel came right up to our window just now. I chased it out of my chives planter (the *@#$% squirrels keep digging in my planters) and then it came back, then it came closer. Also, yes, our windows are gross. Sorry.

This is my absolute favorite picture of Isaac's of all time: "This is you when the baby was in your tummy." Notice the legs on the baby. It's pretty much the most awesome thing ever.

It felt like a rough first week back, and not because of leaving the kids. They did fine. Isaac actually cried more than Sonia but that is pretty consistent with each of their characters. Although Isaac didn't cry because he missed anyone. He just cried because he didn't want to leave the cool toys in the baby room. 

My angst is more from coming back to find that for some kids, services were NOT provided as they should have been or at least as I had envisioned it going. I feel like somehow it is my fault but I don't think it really is. I had originally hoped to ask for the summer off (since it is only 5 weeks and we don't get paid enough to cover the cost of daycare for both kids most likely) but now there is absolutely no way I will leave the summer to someone else. The vast majority of my caseload is going to kindergarten, which will be good if we end up moving to Salem - less goodbyes. But if I think they need summer services, it looks like I need to be the one to provide them! 

Isaac saw a picture of some guys playing a hockey game and said, "Look, there's a hockey fight!" I guess the hockey game we went to pretty much looked like a fight, what with people slamming into the walls and hitting each others' sticks. 

I almost forgot to mention - Isaac keeps seeing this picture when we go by the redbox in Fred Meyer. He is always very concerned about the lady and the blood. He doesn't seem to think it is very funny, although I certainly do. "That lady is getting eaten, Mama!" 
Please have my head examined if I ever actually rent this movie. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, we just rented that movie!! Pops loved it as he likes action movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO JK!! Had to say that. Those kids are lucky to have you....we all are!!
    Love the picture you drew Isaac!!

    ReplyDelete