Monday, June 24, 2013

California: the arrival

And then, all of a sudden, there we were. At Uncle Chris's house, at last. 


It was so sunny. We like sunny. We like it a lot.





 You can't really get a sense from these pictures of just how amazing Uncle Chris's house is. It is a really nice setup inside for guests - it essentially separates into two houses, but there is shared space, obviously. I really liked the decor too. The yards/gardens, both front and back, look like something that should be featured in the next issue of Sunset. Someday I would like a lemon tree in my front lawn and an orange tree in the back. With some experimental papayas thrown in for good measure. 
 Cute and cozy, but not too small.
Uncle Chris was a great host! He had a delicious shrimp taco creation for us upon our arrival. I am 97% sure I wrote the recipe down somewhere and I hope I can find it because I am getting hungry again just thinking about it. He also tolerated Sonia pooping on the floor the next morning. I swear these things never happen at home - only in the weirdest possible locations. I think Grandma and Grandpa brought the carpet shampooer down there so hopefully that spot really truly went away. Sorry Uncle Chris. Sonia has not worn tights since then.

I want to write about the next three days but I am getting kind of tired... so hopefully I can write more tomorrow. I am almost a month behind on getting these pictures up, so I really need to get caught up. That and my SD card is full, but I know that if I put the pictures on the external hard drive, I will never post the pictures of California, and it was one of those trips that was so good that I need to document it. To me felt like an out of country trip, which is a good thing for two people who like to travel, except it took much less time to get there. Afterwards you feel really relaxed and you don't really want to go back home. So, a' demain. 

1 comment:

  1. I love warm too. I think I need to visit Uncle Chris again.

    ReplyDelete