Monday, June 24, 2013

California: the voyage

Here are some pictures from our trip to California. These are just on the way there. For some reason we took a lot of pictures. It was a pretty long trip. I think with all the stops it took about 10 hours. Not bad considering that it should have been 7 with no stops and that I have, on one occasion, taken 4 instead of 2 hours to drive to Newport with two kids. 

Here we are at our first rest stop. This was right around Roseburg. It was a very nicely maintained rest stop.

Getting some silly dance energy out.




 I think Papa was trying to recreate picture he had of Isaac on top of the Versa with a strawberry. Except without any props...
 Note Sonia's reaction of slight displeasure at being squeezed and pulled over. This is generally her reaction to the wrestling.
 I have to say, I really like Papa's photos. I think he is a much better photographer than I am. Bummer, since I take most of the pictures. I need to have him behind the camera more often.
For example - picture I took (this is in front of Mount Shasta)
 Haha, nothing is safe when Mama is behind the camera. Stop picking your nose little Mister.
 At least he doesn't do it all the time.

 Picture taken by Papa. Yeah, my hair has that "I've just been riding in a car" look and my eyes are kind of closed, but let's face it folks, this is what I look like. But look at the wonderful composition! This is Facebook profile-worthy for sure (although realistically I will probably just put pictures of Isaac and Sonia instead because they are cuter). I could even print a 4x6 for a photo album. Maybe not any bigger because I would feel silly having a huge picture of just myself, but this is pretty nice.
 Then there were about a hundred pictures which luckily I didn't share with you because they are just the result of Isaac and I amusing ourselves in the car. Papa drove the entire way except the last five minutes. Thanks, Papa. I might have fallen asleep.

Here are a few more, one of Sonia and one of Isaac.


And then, we arrived at Uncle Chris's house! 

1 comment:

  1. Those are all great pictures!! I love that one of you Gina that Henri took with the mountain in the background!
    Yes, it is a long trip to Uncle Chris's, but it is so well worth it when you get there.

    ReplyDelete