Christmas this year - for some reason I couldn't locate my camera until halfway through Christmas day, which is kind of a bummer since we usually celebrate a good amount on Christmas Eve. Well, this year was a little different though. Instead of going to mass at 5:30 on Christmas Eve, we went to 10 a.m. Mass on Christmas Day. It just made more sense because we were able to all go together.
Here are Isaac and London with some of their presents. It might seem like a weird thing for Christmas, but Isaac got a Spiderman costume and a police uniform, and he really enjoys dressing up in both of them! I guess he is just at that age where he likes dressing up.
Uncle Craig sent this adorable baby doll for Sonia (thank you, Uncle Craig!!), but for some reason London got very attached to it. So much so, that I think it did not find its way home with all the other toys. Luckily we are going back over there next weekend so we will recuperate it at that point, when we bring a birthday gift for our favorite American cousin, London!
London got a princess costume too. I like the combination of the princess costume and Xtra-Tufs. Very London.
Little Sonia got only a few presents (THANK YOU everyone for not getting her a ton of things that are just going to make a mess in our house….) but was content with things that were not even her presents.
Sonia wants to Go Pro.
"First selfie!" says Sonia. This was not really taken by Sonia, but it kind of looks like it was, doesn't it?
Then we went over for Christmas dinner to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Yum, yum, yum!
Boompa becomes more technology-saavy.
For some reason I don't have many pictures of Uncle Mikey, Uncle Greggy, Uncle Chris or his friend Ricardo who came to visit from Cuba. It was nice to meet Ricardo! Now we know someone to visit if we go to Cuba. Apparently he was a little sick though, so I am blaming our present sickness on a special Cuban strain of cold (just kidding, Ricardo - obviously Sonia was already sick, as evidenced by the above "selfie"). We all have sore throats, congestion and a cough. Sonia had a sinus infection too though, and is taking antibiotics for that now. In fact, that is a different (short) story. I think I will tell it on Sonia's blog because I am pretty sure I have a picture of her eyes stuck shut (I know, I am a mean mama). What Sonia got that she really has appreciated is a hand-me-down rocking horse. She will sit on this thing for a long time and rock, but she wants the sound effects to be on. You have to push a button on the ear, which Sonia can't quite coordinate herself just yet…
It was a good Christmas, and good to see everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment