Last weekend we went down to Newport to celebrate London's third birthday! I can't believe my precious niece is three already! As always, Auntie Anna had a really cute theme: ladybug. Very nice. In fact, if you see some of these decorations resurface at Sonia's 2nd birthday party, don't be surprised. Probably not the "Happy Birthday London" sign though.
London had a good little group of friends over!
The kids made personal pizzas, which was a big hit. Isaac actually ate his. Actually, he is pretty good about eating pepperoni pizza. It took a few steps but he is eating it now. Maybe some day we'll try for Candian bacon and pineapple!
Look at this cute display! I think I can claim to have helped with about 5% of it. Not bad, huh?
The birthday girl decided she did not need a shirt. I suppose when you have a party at home with close friends, shirts can be optional.
In addition to really enjoying riding the rocking horse that has been passed on, Sonia likes to get on this pink dog thing. She can get on it all by herself and is starting to be able to get off of it. The tail in the back poses a problem sometimes.
Sonia had a cute little baby friend to play with!
I love how London and Isaac get along so well. They were so happy just to sit by each other to eat their pizzas. Best buds for life. (Although you guys can't get married - we will be reminding you of this periodically.)
Ladybug cake! Cute, just like everything else Auntie Anna makes.
Make a wish, London!
Mmmmm, cake and ice cream. No complaints about that...
I did take pictures of some of the other kids, but they didn't all turn out great.... The flash kept coming on and I don't really like how the pictures look with a flash. Only in select circumstances.
Anyway, it was also very stormy that day, so we went down to Jump Off Joe to check out the huge gusts of wind and what were supposed to be 35 foot seas.
We didn't stay too long. Auntie Anna wanted to walk out on some ledge for a "cool picture" but I opposed that idea. Mostly because I only have one sister, so I can't really afford to lose any. I guess if she had fallen, she probably would have made it... but better not to take chances. Plus we were getting sandblasted, which isn't very fun.
"Hooray," said Sonia, "Fresh air! My face is getting pulled back by the wind but I don't mind."
We stayed overnight - actually Sonia and I stayed over at Grandma and Grandpa's house, which was peaceful and quiet. The next day we went to Mass and Nana got more time with her little loves.
I don't think Nana ages. I saw a picture of her from high school and she still looks almost exactly the same. I want to have that problem.
Thanks for such a fun party, Auntie Anna and Nana! We will see you again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment