On Thursday the 6th, they cancelled school, closed my work, etc, so I got to stay home. Yay! A day off! But then it really snowed. Luckily I went to the store on Thursday in the morning, but we were pretty well stuck inside from 9 am Thursday until going to Mass on Sunday at 12. We did go outside a little. The snow was powdery the first two days, but then got wetter. Isaac got really cold and on Monday, when we still did not have work and school, we were starting to get really tired of being inside....Luckily it was cleared off the roads by Thursday. Don't get me wrong. I would love to be home with my babies. I just am not the kind of person that enjoys being stuck inside all day with my babies with little to no hope of getting out - for five days. So, I am happy for the return of the rain and temperatures in the 50s! I don't know how people live in places where it is snowy for a lot of the winter...
I think it was snowy outside in the above picture, but look! I was able to clean up the front room for once!! Evidence that it was clean at one point.
London was over because Nana and Boompa were originally going to watch Sonia on the 7th while we transitioned between Friday daycares...On that note, I am now much happier with where Sonia is on Fridays (she is actually at the same school as Isaac!). But, I don't like change, so I am a little sad that she will be at Sharon's less days - at Isaac's school they don't do less than 2 days.
One of my favorite things was how the snow accumulated on top of the lattice thing above the porch.
Sonia loved the snow while I let her be out in it, but it was quite deep.
Guess we won't be sitting in these chairs for a few days....
Or firing up the grill....
When the snow started melting there was a short period of time where there was ice - like so.
Now, a week later, the snow is all gone, but our creek is pretty high!!
I kind of hope that is all the snow for this year....
No comments:
Post a Comment