Thursday, February 24, 2011

snow day

We had a snow day again today - the second one this year! Isaac was so excited to go outside and play in the snow. It took him awhile to realize that he needed to actually wear clothes to go out, but we finally convinced him. It's a good thing we went out in the morning too, because although it snowed more, by the afternoon the sun had come out and most of the snow had melted away. People are predicting another snow day tomorrow but I think really it's just that people are wishing they won't have to go to work. :) Today's snow was quite wimpy, to say the least. Nevertheless, it was fun!


We weren't sure how the snow would impact Papa's commute, but everything turned out okay for him. We'll see about tomorrow. Let's hope there's no ice!


Here are Isaac and Papa playing soccer this evening.

And here is what they evidently did last weekend when I went to see "The King's Speech" with my CDS friend Antonia! (The movie was good by the way! But don't bring your kids, they do curse in it.) Isaac is such a big help.


On the eating front - ah yes, I haven't posted it here yet... On Monday we went to get Isaac's weight checked and it was 24 lbs 4 oz. That means that overall he didn't gain any weight in the last 3 months. So, we are in the process of making an appointment with the CDRC feeding clinic (here in Eugene). It's just a precaution at this point, the way I see it, but hopefully it will help make sure he starts eating well! I went with him to daycare today right before lunch, so stayed with him for lunch. The options on his plate were: bean burrito, coleslaw (admittedly not my favorite), applesauce, sour cream, and sweet potatoes. If you guessed that he only ate the sour cream, you're right! The other three kids at his table had at least 4 helpings of applesauce a piece. Isaac wouldn't touch his. So... he has very refined tastes, I guess! Any suggestions? Maybe he's just taking after his godfather. :)

2 comments:

  1. Haha; poor Issac, I hope he's not following Mike's eating habits! I don't have any suggestions for you; you and Henri know what he will eat and what he won't. I bet it's really hard to force him to eat stuff when he doesn't want to. Does he drink milk? Louisa LOVES cows milk, ever since she weaned she has drank about 24-26 ounces a day! And she was on whole milk for about a year before we switched her to 2%. If he isn't drinking milk maybe giving him some whole milk will help him gain some weight? I'm sure you'll get some great suggestions when you go to the feeding clinic. I just hope it's not stressing you out too much! All will be okay in the end.

    Oh, and even wimpy snow is still fun snow for little ones. Louisa loves to say, snow, snowing, mountains, and snowman! She loves it, even though we haven't been outside for the last few days because of illness! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! I took note that Isaac favors his left foot for kicking the soccer ball. What a big help he is vacuuming! He is such a little man.

    ReplyDelete