Thursday, April 19, 2012

assortment

Just a couple of things from life lately!

Isaac watering the bushes outside with a spray bottle

The deer that come down around our home - they have started showing up more now that the weather is warmer! 

This is a Thai basil start from Uncle Chris. Last night I noticed it had two mushrooms growing out of the drainage hole! Kind of different.... If mushrooms are the reproductive part, then does that mean that there's a giant fungus underneath my basil plant? :)

Isaac and I made sugar cookies over the last two day. On Tuesday,we mixed all the ingredients. Then, the next step was to chill the dough. Isaac was confused as to why we had to wait. I told him we would make the cookies when he got home from daycare the next day. He was so excited about making the cookies. When he woke up yesterday morning, the first thing he asked was, "Mama, can I make the cookies now?" He was a little upset when I said we had to wait. Then, when I picked him up from daycare, he said he was so happy to see me and he was ready to go home and make the cookies. That little sweetheart! I have to admit, some raw cookie dough was consumed, which was irresponsible of me. But so far we are fine. I guess the one egg in the recipe was salmonella free.The cookie dough really stuck to surfaces too, so next time we will start out using lots and lots of flour.

Isaac is also learning to spell his name (verbally). He's still working on the exact number of letters, but he has the sequence right! 
(For the record, it is I-S-A-A-C)

No comments:

Post a Comment