Sunday, April 29, 2012

La musique d'Isaac: Afro Zouk

I thought I should do a little series of posts on the kind of music we listen to at our house. This week I want to go over different African genres of music we especially like. And today, one of our favorites - African zouk! Zouk is a genre originally from the French Caribbean, but adopted very successfully by several African artists.

Monique Seka, from Cote d'Ivoire, the queen of Afro Zouk

Pierrette Adams, from the Congo...

Oliver Ngoma, from Gabon. Okay, so in this one they actually have a video and some dancing. If you have little kids watching, you might find it too "sexy" (not the way they are dressed, just the way the dance is), so just be aware. Papa and Mama like this dance though although Mama is no good at it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment