Saturday, August 4, 2012

cool down

Today it was really hot. It got up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. We had thought about going swimming, but decided to stay inside instead. In the evening, we went to the "ducks park", aka Alton Baker Park to cool off and let Isaac run off some energy. We also walked across the bridge and discovered the fountain over by EWEB. I think we'll go back to that tomorrow - Isaac had lots of fun there.

Isaac is at such an interesting age. I was reading a book about beavers to him before we left, and there was a picture of a guy feeding a beaver, with a caption - don't try to feed beavers if you see them in the wild. I asked Isaac, "Why shouldn't you feed beavers?", going for a reply like "they might bite you." Instead, Isaac said, "Because beavers can feed themselves." Wow. You have learned well, little mister.





 It took me at least 20 tries to get a decent picture of Isaac throwing a rock into the river. Meaning he threw a lot more than 20 rocks while we were there.

 The papa that we love and miss when he is away at work.
 The sunset was pretty and reflected somewhat on the water - for once. 
 Canadian geese marching in a single file line.
As we left the park, Papa joked with Isaac, "Do you want to stay here? We could pick you up tomorrow." 
"No," said Isaac, "I want to come. I want to be with good people who take care of me." Awwwwwwwwwwwww little guy. We love you so much and love to take care of you! 

2 comments:

  1. Very sweet responses, Issac :) Beavers can and do feed themselves, what a great observation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ducks park. That is what Isaac was asking to go to every day when we came back from dance last week. I forgot to ask you where that was.

    ReplyDelete