Monday, August 24, 2009

hush-a-bye mountain

Isaac has changed his sleeping habits somewhat. He still goes to bed at 9:30 ish, but he is now staying awake longer and napping longer in general. I don't know if this is due to the fact that he turned three months old on Saturday or because we keep doing ridiculous amounts of driving. I am pretty sure the USB cord and camera and internet are still not in the same apartment, and for some reason that memory card (from the good camera) doesn't fit in my netbook, so I think there aren't more pictures. Let me go see.

Oh, actually I do have some from the day of moving 95% of our stuff.

They are from my old camera, which isn't as good, but I'm feeling like Isaac's blog is a little picture starved for a person who is so visual at this age.

Tomorrow we are going to Grandmama's house to make blackberry jam. We have instituted a name change. The lady formerly known as Great-Grandma will now be called Grandma, and the lady formerly known as Grandma will now be called Grandmama. Now you won't be confused. Great-Grandpa may become Grandpa.... I'm not really sure. I don't know what that makes Grandpa. Grandpops maybe? Maybe we can just have Grandpa Wally and Grandpa Rex, or Great-Grandpa and Grandpa.

Isaac and Uncle Greg

The Christmas tree trailer that Great-Uncle David lent us to move with.

Isaac and Grandma


Great-Grandpa taking a break

Uncle Craig taking a break


Grandma and Grandpa Wally/Great-Grandpa came over and helped out a ton this last week. We moved more stuff down and did an initial apartment cleaning thanks to them.
On Wednesday, we measured Isaac and he weighed 14 lbs 6.5 oz and measured 25 and 1/4 inches. He's still growing but I guess it may be slowing a little bit. I think we will wait to start him on solids until 6 months because he is kind of big. Luckily, that will be right around Thanksgiving! He can eat some sweet potatoes. I'm getting excited already.
Saturday we went to Portland for a surprise party for Laura. Through divine intervention, Isaac slept all the way to Woodburn so we made it on time. We were the first ones there actually. Unfortunately our Versa is rather distinctive, so I guess we ruined the surprise, halfway. Still, it was very fun! Pictures to come with the reunion of the USB cord to the camera.
Today we met up with some other friends (Nathanael, Julie and Angie) over lunch too, and Isaac was so tired he just fell asleep in Julie's arms. It's like he's really mellowing out or something.
Finally, Isaac's favorite new word: bing.

2 comments:

  1. Bing?? Really!? Haha, that sounds fun. Has he heard the commercial on TV for the new "Bing" search engines? Anyway, sounds like you've been very busy and I am truly grateful that you were able to come to my little party, even if your Versa gave it away at the last moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Grandpops....I'll have to ask Pops what he thinks. That's a sweet picture with Greg and Isaac too.

    ReplyDelete