Thursday, September 3, 2009

kick, cantaloupe

Nana brought up a good point - there were no cutest thumb pictures the other day. I have taken some now and will post them whenever I find the camera. Here is one. Yes, I cleaned his thumbnail and trimmed it up after taking this picture. Those little thumbs are hard to get. Actually I was unable to get another one that was in focus. The quest continues.


So, here I have been ranting and raving about how Isaac is going to be solely breastfed until he is 6 months. I was in the kitchen last evening putting stuff away when Papa said, "Isaac just ate some cantaloupe!" I'm pretty sure you can imagine my reaction, but it consisted of the word "WHAT?" with a rising intonation and increasing volume. I have a video of his third taste of canteloupe. I will also post this when I find the camera. To clarify, he was just tasting it, not actually eating it. Papa often substitutes similar words, and sometimes this nearly gives me a heart attack.

I was actually going to post last Thursday but both the camera batteries died and Isaac woke up. Since then, we have been quite busy. Isaac is getting more fun every day! He has started grabbing at just about everything in sight. I think he has also figured out that when we put stuff in our mouths that is how adults eat. Hence the ever-dwindling chance that Isaac will actually make it to six months before eating some solids. I think I'll just talk to the pediatrician when we go in for our appointment in about two weeks. Isaac probably thinks that everything tastes like that good sweet cantaloupe now....


Here is the kick video.






And here is the cantaloupe one. There are so many other little videos, but for tonight this might be good.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe how much Isaac has grown! Its only been a couple of weeks.. wow. I'm glad to hear you're all doing so well. And as for the cantaloupe, I don't think one little tasting will ruin your plan! No worries in my book. :)

    ReplyDelete