Here's the gnocchi I made yesterday. They were quite tasty. However, for as much work as that recipe is, it doesn't end up making a ton. I guess that's fine for a family of three but as Isaac gets older I will definitely double it.
Don't you just love little baby expressions?
Anyways the point of this post is that Isaac's thumbs are the sweetest in the world to me. He has been grabbing at my arms lately when we walk, and holding on with his little thumbs. They are so cute because they are fat because of the bone (like mine) but have a lot of loose skin on them because he hasn't used them much up to this point. Every child is perfect to their own parents, I am pretty sure. He just woke up so that's all.
Addition: Now that Isaac is back asleep, I can add some more! He is starting to grab at food. I had a yogurt cup that I was eating from and he reached out and put his little fingers in the yogurt. I wiped them off quickly before he could get a taste. I really want him to wait. Evidently Grandma (who we may call Nana now, we will try that out) found some yummy baby yogurts that combine fruits and veggies like peaches and squash. She said they are so tasty. Maybe I will taste one and Isaac can have it via his milk for now.
I finally got all my grades back from that summer term and am happy to announce that I am starting off grad school with a 4.0. Let's see if I can end it that way too. I'm pretty darned confident that with a little help from Isaac it is entirely possible.
Tonight, dinner will not be nearly as involved. We are having some baked chicken, some corn, and some canteloupe that is perfuming our apartment at the moment.
Did I mention that our neighbors are both getting their PhDs in Music? They are both professors of music already in their home country. The lady is a pianist and I am getting a little concert right now, although somewhat muted by the wall. The guy plays trumpet and we had some trumpet music earlier. I didn't realize you could practice the trumpet quietly. I was quite impressed. We went over yesterday after we watched a piano being moved upstairs to their apartment. I have never seen that before. If you haven't, you should sometime. It is also quite impressive. Isaac was enthralled by their tablecloth, which had a bright flower design on in and was from Russia. It was really cute. Maybe we should get one like that if we find one. Well, not that we are going to Russia anytime soon....
Where are the cutest thumb pictures?
ReplyDeleteThat is neat Isaac will be hearing different kinds of music from the neighbors. If you play your accordion and Henri plays his drums you will have quite a musical variety in your neighborhood!
ReplyDeleteVery nice photos !...
ReplyDeleteCiao from Italy
:)