Saturday, October 10, 2009

black Saturday

Isaac had some black, tarry poop this morning. And also this afternoon. The pediatrician isn't concerned, but if his next bowel movement is that way, I'm going to seek a second opinion. Maybe our pediatrician neighbor downstairs will be a good starting point. From what I've read, black tarry stools can indicate stomach bleeding. That doesn't sound particularly pleasing to me. And no, Isaac hasn't had any solid foods for about two weeks now, so that rules out allergies or too much iron, unless they snuck him a bunch of iron-fortified formula at daycare.


I'm supposed to be reading my hundreds of pages of articles and textbooks that I should have read in about 36 hours from now - anyways I figured you all needed some new Isaac pictures.
Here Isaac is getting ready to try out for Wheel of Fortune. He pulled out his fake ID and pretended he was 18. They almost bought it. Well, after all, there are little people out there in the world.

Isaac thought he might try to brush his teeth. Then he realized he didn't have any yet.

So, he decided that gnawing on his toes would help the teeth come out. If it doesn't, the toes are tasty so it isn't wasted energy.


This is Isaac's interpretation of "Sit on your bottom." I'm not sure I'll use it for the initially intended purpose because he doesn't have great posture, but I kind of liked it. He's hanging out at the Erb Memorial Union at U of O.

Woah! Isaac is doing pushups now! No wonder they say he's the strongest baby in daycare.

Isaac has started experimenting with the idea of really crawling, instead of just faceplanting and kicking his legs. He's getting some good elevation in the tummy area, although the movement isn't coordinated enough to be efficient yet.

I think I have come to terms with the reality that letting Isaac stay at daycare more continuously throughout the day is better for him and me than snatching him up and carting him home, only to bring him back an hour later. So, hopefully this new approach will lead to us actually being able to spend quality time together after I'm done with classes, instead of time where I'm trying to play with him and trying to clean up around the house and trying to study, but doing a really bad job at all of those things. I'll let you know the results. So far, it has led to a great reduction in stress.

Also Papa applied for a bunch of new jobs. Pray that he gets one of them....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting up all the new pictures of Isaac. He is getting so big! and is getting even cuter if that is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gina he is such a darling boy! We have the best godson ever :) He really is getting big and I love seeing that he's hitting all those milestones! I see that he still loves his baths, too.

    I want to see him (and you guys) again soon! We've talked about coming down for grandma Hurliman's birthday next month, hopefully it will work out!

    ReplyDelete