(Isaac with what may arguably be his favorite food on the face of the earth: jelly)
Today we went to Splash!, the wave pool in Springfield. I was preparing Isaac for it last night, and this morning. Last night, I said, "Isaac, tomorrow we are going swimming." Then this morning, when I said, "Do you want to go swimming?", he replied, "No!"
I decided not to listen to him and dragged him along anyway. He was pretty amenable to going out. Once we got there, he had so much fun! It was just the kiddie pool but it was perfect for his age, and he amused himself for two hours splashing, jumping, scooping and dumping. He probably could have stayed there all day but I wanted to leave before the masses overtook the pool, and our extremities were turning into prunes. Isaac made a big scene when we tried to leave. Note to self - next time bring a bigger bag to put all the stuff inside, so when you have a screaming, writhing toddler who doesn't want to leave on one hip, you can scoop everything up and glide off diplomatically, instead of fumbling with all the clothes and bags.
We've spent the remainder of our day around here, watching lawnmowers, taking walks, and baking. It has been a very peaceful day.
Ugh.. He's so stinkin cute! I miss him... and you!
ReplyDeleteJelly-Isaac makes it look so good he should be in a Smuckers commercial
ReplyDelete