Saturday, May 11, 2013

Chloe is baptized!

Well, first a picture of Isaac's awful rug burn that he got at preschool. It was actually not as bad at this point. Apart from the rug burn, do you think he still looks like Uncle Mikey? I found this picture in a box- Uncle Mikey is about 7 or 8. We'll have to pull it out again in 4 years.
 Isaac's rug burn is now completely gone. He apparently was running in his classroom (which of course they are not supposed to do) and tried to leap for the couch and missed. I suspect he had something in his hands too, otherwise it doesn't make sense that his face caught his fall. He had a bloody nose too. I guess it was bad for 5 minutes but then stopped. I don't know, to me that is not too bad, especially given that Isaac bonked his face on the rug. I got nosebleeds spontaneously all the time when I was a kid. Nana tried to have my nose cauterized twice, with no resulting decrease in nosebleed frequency. So far Isaac hasn't had a ton of nosebleeds, but he has had a few, so I bet he has a little bit of that same issue. The rug burn, though, really caught me off guard when I picked Isaac up that day. The teachers had called and told me about it, so I knew, but I wasn't prepared for how it would look.

On to the next story. We finally got to meet our adorable baby cousin Chloe at her baptism last Sunday!    
All the kids were watching her get ready.
 Beautiful girl cousins! And Ryan, who is definitely not a girl but is handsome.
 Some of Chloe's family
 I like this part in the Eastern rite. Of course my pictures are not great because I was trying to make sure Sonia didn't grab the camera. 
 There is that darling little baby!
I didn't mean to be bad and post my pictures before Erin did, but mine are definitely not as good as hers will be anyway! Plus, the boys have gone on a day trip with Adama and his family to the African store in Portland to stock up on attieke and other fun things, and Sonia is falling asleep, AND I have a little story to go along with it.

Isaac was in the bath Monday night by himself and I was nursing Sonia to sleep. I heard singing from the bathroom: "The baptism of Baby Chloeeeee!" then some more pouring. "Baby Chloe is....A-men!" then "Baby Chloe is baptized. Baby Chloe is baptized." It was really cute. I thought it was cool that he remembered because I didn't think he was paying attention. He is such a good boy. I hope he becomes a priest some day.


3 comments:

  1. Ooh these are cute! I don't mind you posted them. I am far far behind in blogland :)
    Isaac is so sweet. That little story warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It cracks me up when that priest sets the babies down. Fr. Joseph doesn't do that...?

    Isaac is a sweetheart! I think it would be SO GREAT if our godson became a priest too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures...so sweet!! I know, I love it when the babies are laid down like that...you never know, maybe he will become a priest someday!

    ReplyDelete