We had Isaac's birthday party the weekend before his actual birthday. It was fun and luckily the weather was nice so we were able to make our park plans happen. Now that I think about it, a consistent theme in Papa and my relationship has been that for social events, we prefer to spend more money on food than the "venue". I would say maybe it was just me, but Papa is actually that way too. He actually fine-tuned the bissap recipe too and it turned out really good. Without further ado, here are the pictures!
Ah, yes, I forgot to mention that Isaac wanted a "rainbow superhero" party. So here is the rainbow spiderman cake before assembly...plus some cupcakes. I made it from scratch to avoid food allergies to soy for one kid, and the Taste of Home cookbook came through for me! It was edible. Hooray!
Then we had the party and I took about three pictures of Isaac then forgot about the camera. Isaac had a lovely flower crown made for him by one of the moms. We live in Eugene, folks, and we are all flower children here.
No, but I actually thought it was cute!
One of the few pictures where you can see the rainbow spiderman cake pre-consumption. Note my total cop-out by just making a spider web with a spider on top instead of a Spiderman picture. Isaac didn't care though.
In fact, it was kind of windy, and I couldn't light the candles, so we had Isaac pretend he was blowing them out, and he was a good sport about that too.
This is not the best picture of me, but I liked it because it has a lot of people in the picture and one day it will help me remember some of the people who came.
Isaac had fun playing with the kids. I noticed he played a lot with his classmates. It is interesting, because he already spends a lot of time with them. I guess maybe it is like adults - the more you get to know people, the more likely you are to either want to spend more time with them or not spend time with them. Maybe?
I'm so glad Papa took some pictures! It really was a nice day at the park. I am looking forward to a year in the future when Isaac's actual birthday will fall on a weekend again. Those first two years were so convenient! We enjoyed the party very much. If you brought a gift, thank you for not making it too big, and if you didn't bring a gift, thank you for reading the invitation carefully. We really have a lot of stuff in our house and now I will need to go through the toys again and give some of them away - well, the ones we don't use anymore or are not in the best shape...
It was a fun party and you guys worked SOOOO hard to prepare all that YUMMY food!! I have a few pictures of the party and a short video if you want to add it to your post :)
ReplyDelete