Luckily, our annual staff retreat was the same day as his birthday, so while I was unable to take the whole day off, I did get to slip out for singing him happy birthday at snack time, free of guilt for not seeing kids (because it was a non-service day)! And we got done early, so I got to pick him up early. There was actually a reception at work because I guess it was 21 years for my workplace, and they had cake, so I just pretended it was for Isaac and he went with that. The motor team set up an obstacle course in their room and of course Isaac was all about that.
Here are some pictures from Isaac's snack-time party. I have no excuse for not having other pictures from that day, but it felt very busy, with the upcoming trip to California...
I don't know how a post could summarize Isaac at four, but some things about him are that he is so smart and good at remembering words. He is a really sweet boy who loves his little sister so much. He is a gentleman who opens doors for ladies and girls (and others in general). He asks "What does ___(insert challenging-to-define word here)___ mean?" very frequently. He says "hopefully" instead of "actually", as in, "Hopefully I did that already!"
The remaining pictures were taken by Isaac.
There were several kids out sick that day.
Sonia got to come too, because she came to the retreat. She was so happy to be at the party for her favorite big brother of all time.
We love our sweet precious Isaac so much!
Oh, and a side note - at his 4 year checkup, he was 3 feet 7.5 inches tall (above the 95th percentile, so yes, he is tall for his age) and weighed 38.8 pounds (with clothes on). Still not in booster seat land, I don't think. He had to get two shots, which he cried about. The nurse practitioner said they were pre-kindergarten shots though, so I wonder if that means he won't have any next year? On the off chance that that was the case, and because we haven't decided if he will go to Burkina (or if anyone will) this coming year, I thought it would be better to just get it done.
As a comparison, although unfortunately this is in metric measurements, at two years he was 90.20 cm, at three years 101 cm, and this year 110 cm. At 2 years he was 12 kg, at 3 years he was 15.4 kg, and at 4 years he was 17.6 kg. So, he continues to grow!
And he is a pretty good photographer!! :)
ReplyDelete