Today we drove all the way to Eugene for a book I couldn't find at the bookstore or elsewhere. I was really mad about it, because it was a "Recommended" text but we needed it for our assignment, which I thought was due Monday (hence the emergency trip). Then I looked at the syllabus more closely and saw that the assignment was not due until the second week of class. So I made a trip which takes at least two hours total, with someone who was bound to start screaming his head off and did a few times on the way back, which turned into a three and a half hour epic journey, for nothing. This makes me mad too, but then I have no one to blame but myself.
I am wiped out today. I guess I didn't sleep well last night, so I tried to sleep in during Little Guy's "morning nap", which only lasted one hour this morning and was followed by two hours of fussiness. By the time he finally fell asleep again, I figured we had better get going to Eugene before it got near the predicted high of 94 degrees. On the way back, I was mad and tired and seriously considering just dropping out of grad school because the whole experience was so terrible. It had better be easier once we move down there. At least from what I've seen, even the most disorganized faculty members in CDS are more organised and less ambiguous about which textbooks are needed than this syllabus was. I think I'm trying to shift the blame again.
Isaac was just nursing again. It's cute - he's been grabbing onto my shirt lately when he nurses, as if to anchor himself there, or maybe he's just a really serious eater. Actually, he is a really serious eater. It will be fun to weigh him again sometime and see how his weight is coming along.
I love Isaac's little face in this picture. He looks like he was disgusted that no book was there like it was supposed to be. "What were they thinking?" as he looks in deep thought.
ReplyDelete