
(This is the last of three posts that I put up today, so feel free to peruse the others. I guess I post in spurts. Today I just wanted to post about everything I've been meaning to write about so that we start the New Year off with a fresh slate.)
This was an interesting little writing I found. If you want to read the whole thing, go here. It is written by a monk (Benedict Williamson, O.Ss.S.) about vocations to holy orders. I thought it was beautiful and I picked a few lines to share. Actually, it's probably best to just read the whole thing, but here's a little taste.
"The cloister is only for lovers in whose hearts has come the answering response to the love of Jesus. He has drawn them by the restless power of His Divine Love, and they come to give Him everything; and they must give everything because they love. Only the lover can give all.
The life of the cloister is austere, self-renouncing, the more austere, the happier they who dwell there. Love delights in sacrifice and immolation to the one loved, so the more complete the renunciation, the better."
The life of the cloister is austere, self-renouncing, the more austere, the happier they who dwell there. Love delights in sacrifice and immolation to the one loved, so the more complete the renunciation, the better."
Doesn't that just sound like you want to go right now? Okay, well it sounds pretty fun to me. When I was little I wanted to either be a nurse or a nun. But, I think that now clearly that is not my vocation. My vocation is pulling himself to a stand and squealing at the top of his lungs and the other one is cooking the most delicious New Year's Eve meal ever. :) Happy 2010 to everyone. We hope you have a prosperous, healthy, and happy year.
No comments:
Post a Comment