Great-grandpa told Mama and Papa this as they were sitting around worrying that maybe Isaac's rib was weirdly shaped, and a bunch of other worrying. It is important to remember that each baby really is perfect, in their own way.
If you have a bad memory.... "I already wrote that recipe out for you." - Nana (okay, or something along those lines.... maybe not those exact words)
Yeah, it's happened a few times this year. It's amazing what you already have, and it's important to enjoy it and make use of it!
If you have ever bought sour cream and fretted about not using it all by the sell by date, this one is particularly important. It has saved us at least $3 this year - but mostly a lot of worrying.
"It's already sour, it's sour cream. So just scoop off any mold. It doesn't really go bad." - Great-grandma
That actually hadn't occurred to me before it was explicitly stated, but no, sour cream doesn't really go bad right away. I mean, what would it do? Become more sour? So you don't have to throw out that half a carton of unused sour cream.
Also, my cousin Mike pointed out that you can buy mild cheddar cheese in large quantities when it's on sale, and if you don't use it right away, well, you have sharp cheddar cheese!
Finally, for your health: "Be true to your teeth, or they'll be false to you." -Avo used to say that.
That's all. I'm going to write a big post about Isaac's first Christmas now, but I thought that wisdom needed to be shared. Does anyone else have any more wisdom to share?
I actually found out the fact about the cheese from your grandma. It's just a fact that I've kept with me as a handy conversation piece.
ReplyDeleteHm... Well then turns out my grandma knows a lot about dairy... go figure.
ReplyDelete