Thursday, December 31, 2009

tooth

Isaac is getting his first tooth. It is just barely peeking out of the gum. You can't see it in this picture because the flash messed it up, but just believe me and I'll get you another picture when it actually starts coming up. It's on the bottom left hand side. It is really fun - I've never paid attention to teeth coming in before but seeing that tiny little white spot is kind of cool! I'm not sure how to record this in his baby book. Does it need to be kind of coming up, or all the way in to record the date of his first tooth? I was thinking it might be cool to pretend it happened on New Year's, but it really broke the surface yesterday.
Yesterday we went to visit Grandma Hurliman again, now that we know how to get there. We will have to visit her every time we go shopping. Since we have to go so far to get anywhere worthwhile, I would much much rather go in her direction than to West 11th. She still likes Isaac. She was eating lunch when we came. It seems like she had good control of her glass when she was drinking her juice, and swallowed well. I'm not well versed in the ways of swallowing yet, but it seemed to me that at least she won't have to have purees right now. I felt bad for her tablemate - I don't think he was digging the puree too much.
We actually had a rather long journey out of the house yesterday. After visiting Great-great-grandma Hurliman we visited Isaac's cousins. He had so much fun playing! We forgot to borrow a push toy but we will next time for sure. Isaac and his cousin Malachai are going to have a lot of fun playing together in a few months. They are the only boys around here for now and already seem to get along well, in a boy sort of way. By that I mean they kind of fight over things and grab each other, and that's fun for them. We try to regulate the face grabbing but it's hard.
When we got home Isaac was content to jump for awhile.
Then we played around (okay, I played around) with his hair while he was taking a bath. He kept trying to get out of the bath yesterday, which is something he hasn't done before. I think he finally realized, "Hey, I don't have to sit here. I can stand up here too." So, we'll see how that pans out. I have a few more things I want to post before this year is over, but if Isaac wakes up from his 2.5 hour nap right now and it doesn't happen, Happy New Year 2010 to everyone! Bonne Annee!

No comments:

Post a Comment