Thursday, June 25, 2009

the baby chorus

We had our massage class today. There were 7 babies, 9 parents and one massage therapist, who, despite her purported 25 years of experience working with babies, was very easily distracted when they cried or vocalized. As you can imagine, that was just about the entire duration of the class. One would start crying, then another would chime in, then one of the older babies would make some babbling noises. Isaac didn't seem particularly responsive to the crying just yet, just a little annoyed that it was so loud when he was just trying to get a decent nap in, but he eventually lent his voice to the crying baby song.

So, it was alright, but if it had been a hotel I probably would have only given it two stars (out of 5). I also would not pay $30 to take it again. She tried to quit early, like around 11! (it was supposed to go from 10-12) We didn't let her though. There was some good information, and now I know of some good resources if I want to learn even more about infant massage, but the instructor needs to get over being distracted by crying babies if she's going to teach that class in the future. Isaac liked his massage though, at least the legs and abdomen parts. I did it again later, and he has been sleeping for pretty long stretches today. Not that that is necessarily a good thing, but it seems like it does something to relax him or make him more comfortable.
Other than that, we've just been relaxing today. We did a load of diapers together (well, I rinsed, Isaac supervised) and took a short nap together as well. When Henri got home, we gave Isaac a bath, which is his favorite thing to do, until it's over, of course. He got to play with Papa too, so he was pretty happy. In fact, he is still playing with Papa and having some boy time.

2 comments:

  1. I read about the baby massage thing. We haven't done it with Lou yet...maybe we will sometime. Baths, we are not so good at. We don't give her baths very often - usually only once or twice a week. She isn't crazy about them like it sounds like Isaac is...she tolerates them though. We've recently started just popping her in the shower with either Mike or I and it's really more convenient for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is soooo cute! I can't wait to see little Mister!

    ReplyDelete