Friday, June 19, 2009

shadow puppets

Last night, we played shadow puppets before going to bed. Isaac was enthralled by this for a good ten minutes (or maybe more) before it became overwhelming. He tried to reach for the "puppets", or perhaps add his own near the end, but I'm not sure he's quite made the connection to figure out where they come from. We may play shadow puppets again tonight if he is good.

Today marks four weeks since Isaac was born. It's not quite one month, but that's coming up soon enough. As of right now, here are some things I can tell you about his likes and dislikes.
Likes: Being loved, sleeping on people, studying objects or changes in light, swinging, esp. being swung by Papa, clothes with long arms, sucking on things, stretching, and eating, of course.
Dislikes: Having diapers changed, especially if they are really poopy or take a long time or he is not in a good mood; not having diapers swiftly changed when they are dirty and uncomfortable; having clothes changed, especially when it is more than once because an outfit Mama picked out no longer fits; tummyaches; pooping/gas; not being instantly understood and fed on demand every time. Well, all the more motivation to start talking ASAP.

Not much else to add. Form of trickery #1 is working wonderfully at the moment. I got to eat breakfast this morning without assistance. I'm going to try and post this video of Isaac and his Grandma which I tried to post several days ago when the camera battery died.

1 comment:

  1. If Isaac is like Michael, he will love to read this blog when he is older, describing what he was like as a baby....

    ReplyDelete