This one is Isaac at Grandma's house again.
And this one demonstrates how we are forcing our son to appreciate the value of the printed word.
And now, I must go work on my goal for the day, which is not anywhere near what my amazing cousins actually do every day, like sew five million dresses or quilts, take care of two or three kids, AND bake delicious bread. No, my goal for today is to create a semblance of order in our apartment. This goal can be interepreted to mean any general improvement in the appearance of things so as to promote a feeling that some microscopic quantity of negative entropy (entropy is tendancy towards chaos) has been achieved. And that is why I like that goal. I paid our electric bill. I have already succeeded.
Welcome, new mother, to the world of blogging! Be careful - you might get addicted like many of us. You probably already are :) Oh well, it is a good way to feel connected when you have a baby to care for 24/7. You gotta get used to typing one handed (or better yet, nursing with no arms using a nursing pillow - something I am currently doing), writing posts in segments (babies don't care if you're in the middle of writing one, they need their diaper changed NOW!), and lots of other fun interruptions. But I'm glad you're here, your writing is fun to read. Especially because I know EXACTLY what you mean about EVERYTHING! :)
ReplyDeletegood luck mama, you're doing great so far!
P.S. I paid some bills today too! Funny how that can feel like an accomplishment, even though you're sending your money away :/
ReplyDeletehaha, yes, I am hopelessly addicted. it is fun though, otherwise I'm not doing much these days! yay for paying bills! it really does bring a sense of accomplishment.
ReplyDeleteI love the videos! and the narrative!
ReplyDelete